Friday 6 January 2012

Something for the Weekend

For all of you who follow my blog who's primary interest is stills photography, I appreciate your patience, be assured more stills on the way very soon.

But all of my Canon C300 posting made me recall another rather smart little Canon video camera the X100, the tiny brother of the XF305 which also shoots at 50mbs, and shares the excellent MXF file format.

I used it to shot the BTS of this stills shoot I was doing with the Phase One Acromatic back.

Why the XF100 camera and not my XF305?

Well it is so small it let's me keep a very low profile, but the main reason was that it shoots in infra red at the flick of a switch, no filters required.

Fitting the spirit of the Phase One Acromatic perfectly.

The Palms from drew gardner on Vimeo.

You can read the whole post I put together here.

Forgive me if you have seen the movie before.

No comments: