Friday 27 January 2012

Infra Red Update from Mike Curry

In response to my Infra 'appeal' to Phase One, London based photographer Mike Curry got in touch via Twitter and told me of an interesting route he had taken and that it WAS actually possible to get a Phase One back which is sensitive to Infra red.

Though it does involve it going back to the factory.

The result is not the true flexibility of the Achromatic but it does deliver some cool results

Mike had his Phase One P21+ modified and this is what the test shots look like so far.



So there you have it, quite some sparkle....

To be honest I had heard of this route before, but I had not expected it to be quite so effective.

Though Mike has put quite a bit of work in experimenting with different lenses.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Really nice. Now I see where your Raven shot came from.

Unknown said...

Hi Libby,

I Love shooting different stuff from time to time

Helps keep me 'Sharp'

Regards

Drew