Thursday 19 January 2012

Drew and Lan's Commentary on the L'Oreal/UNESCO Heather Whitney Video

On workshops I often say to people that if they want to learn cool shots and lighting for their stills or moving images, the directors commentaries which come with some DVD's are worth their weight in gold-truly a master class for free(one of my favourites being for 'Garden State')

Now I'm not putting Lan Bui and I into the great directors bracket, but I'm prepared to bet some of you have been approached to shoot some kind of corporate video.

If this is the case, you will hopefully find this commentary useful.

If you want to see the video without commentary you can find it here.

2 comments:

Libby said...

I watched the uninterrupted - lovely lady with a great passion and feel for what she does. You had a great and worthwhile subject.

The strelitzia vertical flower shot I thought was very strong and acted as a great unifier for the piece. And the bee shot from a Rebel? - Who woulda thunk it? Yes, horrible American phrasing ;-)

Thank you for all as usual - good stuff. Cheers and pet the pooch for me - Libby

Unknown said...

Thanks Libby


Really pleased you enjoyed it.

Heather was a joy to work with.

Have a great weekend

regards

drew