Thursday, 12 April 2012

Phase One IQ Far East tour-Kuala Lumpur

A super early run to the airport on mercifully deserted roads.

On the two-ish hour flight to Kuala Lumpur I thought I would have a crack at GoPro time lapse out of the window just for fun and it was really quite effective. I'm not quite sure how I pulled it off unhindered by cabin crew but they did not seem bothered.

GoPro=free timelapse fun.

The seminar was in a studio which was reminiscent of my old Docklands studio which I still miss, only quite a bit fancier.

It had a lovely open balcony which let me try out a 35 ISO, F2.8 flash shot, synchronised at 1/1600 sec, a combination which one cannot shoot with anything else but a Phase One IQ.

Here are some of the delegates I roped into assisting with the demo, putting lights over the edge of the balcony, with the key light over head.

During the live shoot demo I did a tighter shot and discovered that not only is the Phase One IQ180 capable of recording every bit of detail that the human eye can see but quite a bit that is not normally visible.

Like the printed pattern on contact lenses.

Truly remarkable.

Next top Singapore.......


MW said...

Hi Drew,

which flash did you use? I'm curious if you took the Elinchrom skyports to trigger the flash and if they can sync up to 1/1600th of a second.

Thanks a lot.

Julie said...

Travel is the best way we have of rescuing the humanity of places, and saving them from abstraction and ideology. Cheap flights to Kuala Lumpur