Wednesday 15 February 2012

Storm in London

There are many visionaries.

But not many who can back their visions with actions.

Brian Storm is one of those.

I met Brian when he was a high flier at Corbis, I was struck by his boundless passion for photography and his amazing 'can do' approach, this was a man I wanted to do business with.

He left Corbis suddenly, and unexpectedly.

I really have no idea where Corbis is  in the world of stock but you tend to hear the word 'Getty' more than Corbis these days

When the history books are written I'm prepared to wager that the day Brian left will be spoken of a watershed moment for the company.

To be honest I don't really think they have recovered from losing him.

He really is that significant.

Why?

Well, look at his website and you will see what I mean.

Brian is cutting edge and he had one eye on the future which has become the present.

Mediastorm is all about telling stories with mixed media, you are shooting great images, whey not record some audio at the same time which also tells the story?

Or even mix video's and stills?

Sit back and enjoy some of the world's best photography presented in a contemporary way which allows a whole new audience to share the experience.

Based on 14 trips to Afghanistan between 1994 and 2010, A Darkness Visible: Afghanistan is the work of photojournalist Seamus Murphy. His work chronicles a people caught time and again in political turmoil, struggling to find their way. See the project at http://mediastorm.com/publication/a-darkness-visible-afghanistan

Surviving the Peace takes an intimate look at the impact of unexploded bombs left over from the Vietnam war in Laos and profiles the dangerous, yet life saving work, that MAG has undertaken in the country. See the project at http://mediastorm.com/clients/surviving-the-peace-for-mag

For the story to be told and a truth to be told.

It is not all about the art either.

Presenting your work in this manner makes you relevant to clients.

Clients who will pay.

Every-time I listen to Brian I learn.

A lot.

On Monday 20th February Brian has a workshop at the 'Frontline Club' in London.

I'm not sure if there are any places left, it cost only £100.00 for the day if you are freelance.

It is a bargain.

If I can get through this mountain of work I will see you there.




2 comments:

Graham and Heather said...

Not sure whats gone wrong here.
Yes I have a flash enabled device and flash web sites work fine for me (PC, W7, Firefox) but nothing is visible.

Unknown said...

Hi Guys,

Hope I have not screwed the links up???

If all else fails just go straight to his site

www.mediastorm.com

I can't recommend this man and his workshop highly enough.

Regards

Drew